Apply for an Enterprise Unit
The Bernie Grant Arts Centre is committed to supporting North London’s creative industries and nurturing the next generation of creatives, makers and entrepreneurs. To this end, our Enterprise Centre provides 20 workspaces with a special focus on the performing arts, visual media, fashion and design. Tenants in our Centre become part of a vibrant creative community, energising Tottenham with their work and bringing artists, makers, and local residents together.
Our workspaces offer
- Access between 8am and 9pm Monday to Sunday, 52 weeks of the year, with later access hours negotiable.
- Telephone and internet ports.
- Security intruder alarms on each unit and a separate building security system for the landlord areas.
- Access to meeting rooms, kitchen areas and showers.
- Access to rehearsal spaces, exhibition and performance spaces at a subsidised rate.
- Power supplies for lighting and heating which can be controlled independently (energy rates included in rental).
- Central reception service for visitors and deliveries.
Types of workspaces
We have three different types of workspaces, depending on the number of people who will be working in them.
- Shared business units for new start-ups and sole traders with desk space for up to four individuals in the same unit. Units are provided furnished.
- Individual units for enterprises ranging in size from 2 to 4 employees. Units are generally provided unfurnished, but some furnished units may be available.
- A maximum of two units for larger enterprises ranging in size from 6-8 employees. Units are provided unfurnished.
Are you eligible?
As an arts centre, we prioritise businesses in the following areas:
- Performing Arts
- Film, digital and broadcast media
- Design-based communications
- Architects, artisans, designer-makers
- Visual arts
Tenants must occupy and work from the unit(s) for the equivalent of at least four full working days in each week.
Existing tenants in shared spaces, when they need to grow and move in to a larger space, will have priority over others wishing to move in to the building.
If you’re not sure if your business meets these criteria, please do contact us for a discussion.
How much does it cost?
We have three different price categories, depending on whether your business is established or just getting started, what type of services you provide and how your activities complement our artistic and education programme. Please contact us to discuss which category best fits your activities.
Category 1: Established businesses which meet the eligibility guidelines outlined above.
Category 2: New start-ups and spinouts from education or industry, or developed through the Bernie Grant Arts Centre and partner organisations’ development activity.
Category 3: Tenants providing services to the public, for example classes or workshops, which complement the artistic and/ or community engagement offer the Centre seeks to develop.
Net= before VAT/ Gross= inclusive of VAT
The Bernie Grant Arts Centre offers easy-in/easy-out licences all with a notice period of one month.
Accommodation is provided up to an in initial 3 year period, at which point continued residency in the building is dependent on performance and/or public benefit.